Tuesday, September 17, 2019

O Shenandoah

(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.  Clicking a second time will make it full-sized.)

Betsy and I celebrated Betsy’s birthday this year by going up to Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyland Drive.  One of our favorite places when we are in that part of Virginia is Skyland Resort, which is right on Skyline Drive.  From the balcony of our room we were able to look down into the Shenandoah Valley.  This is the view we had one of the mornings we were there.

















14 comments:

Natalia said...

Wow,this picture is stunning!!!☺

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I need to head up that way one of these days.

(I needed a destination :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What an awesome picture of the Shenandoah Valley.... What a great Birthday Trip I had... Thanks, Honey, for taking me there.

Love,
Wifey

LV said...

So thankful you both are continuing to travel and enjoy so much earthly beauty.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

That is an awesome view. So glad you two enjoy your travels together.

Ginny Hartzler said...

My home has rarely looked as good!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a spectacular view.

Jeevan said...

You got a wonderful view out there from your room balcony! A great place to stay and relax by the views.

Terry and Linda said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!!! You live in a wondrous world!

Terry and Linda said...

I just biggified this and was so pleased with how stunning that valley is. Thank you so much for sharing.

Linda said...

That's beautiful! It was not that clear when I was there last week.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful photo and an amazing view. It's with clicking on the photo so you can see the detail!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow! What a fabulous view.

Beatriz Lopes said...

I like photography, your log is also super cool, I started following you.

-GEEKY FREAKY.