Friday, October 23, 2009

Country Music Hall of Fame



(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.)

Nashville is Music City, USA, and is best known for its country music. The Grand Ole Opry began broadcasting in 1925 and is the oldest continuous radio program in the United States and the longest-running live radio program in the world.

The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum isn't that old (the building in the picture opened in 2001), but it is interesting nonetheless. It is located in downtown Nashville and you don't have to be a country music fan to enjoy it.

7 comments:

Carrizo said...

So interesting story and very nice building. Here in my country there is not so much country music, but sometimes.

I have one LP of Johnny Cash.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I would love to go there...I would love to visit Nashville in general too.

imac said...

I love CW music too, It would be nice to visit.

rainfield61 said...

Interesting to know your side of story while you are listening to the continuous radio program.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The Grand Ole Opery is seared in my memory from listening to it on the radio with my Dad.
Blessings,Ruth

Sunny said...

This is one place I would love to visit.
Sunny :)

Tes said...

The piano-keys wall attracted my attention. Very creative! Nice shot, George!