Monday, October 19, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise



(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.)

We arrived home Sunday afternoon to discover that the Glade is under a Freeze Warning for Sunday night - Monday morning. We heard that news while driving home. When we pulled into the driveway we noticed the rose in the picture above. One of the nurseries we buy from had a rose sale in late August and we purchased Touch of Class because the price was irresistible.

This bud is the first on this rose. I wonder if it will be there when the sun comes up this morning.

11 comments:

Kathy W said...

Very pretty rose. I have seen roses stay around until the first snow.

Hilda said...

I hope it survives! I'd love to see it in full bloom. I love the unusual color — it's like a mix of red, fuchsia and vermilion.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Even if it gets a frost,the bud is beautiful.Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,Ruth

rainfield61 said...

You are so good to find rose again.

Busy Bee Suz said...

A wonderful surprise indeed. Glad you made it home...do you have the fireplace going yet????

LV said...

I hope it is still there as it is simply beautiful. Mine are doing better since it turned cooler and rained. In fact, I have one that has never bloomed till now. I excited about it and will share with you later.

EG CameraGirl said...

OHHH! I LIKE surprises like that. ;-)

Hope you didn't get the freeze!

Chris said...

A perfect rosebud, I hope it survives the frost.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful sight to return home to. Hope it survived the freeze!

penny said...

It is a beautiful gift that nature provides for us George, thanks for tending it with such gentle care.

Sunny said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so behind with my favorite blogs! I can't believe I missed this lovely rose, I do hope it survived.
Sunny :)