Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Return to Tallulah Gorge and Other Travel



(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.)

The picture above was taken in June and shows Tallulah Gorge in Georgia. The gorge contains six waterfalls which we enjoyed seeing from the rim. There is a dam at the head of the gorge which restricts the flow of water.

This morning Betsy and I are leaving for a couple of days in northern Georgia. They are releasing water from the dam on Wednesday and we want to be there to see what the waterfalls looked like before the dam was built. We've had this trip planned for several weeks.

Then on Friday we are going to Jacksonville for Ray's (Betsy's brother) memorial service. We will get back home on Sunday and then on the following Tuesday I will take Betsy to Maggie Valley, North Carolina, for her getaway with her grade school girlfriends.

I can visit you using my iPod Touch, but unless I can pry Betsy's laptop from her, I don't think I'll be able to post for much of that time. But don't give up on me -- I'll be back as soon as possible.

16 comments:

Unseen India Tours said...

Nice shot !! This is certainly a fantastic place to enjoy !Unseen Rajasthan

Kathy W said...

Can't wait to see more of you pictures. have fun!

Kirigalpoththa said...

Magnificent place!

Sharon said...

Have a nice trip. I can see more waterfalls in the future!

Cheryl said...

Have a wonderful trip and will look forward to more waterfall photos. Will be thinking of you and Betsy during the memorial service.

rainfield61 said...

Ha ha!! You are going to be "out of office" for a few days.
Have a nice trip.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Looking at this picture,I can hardly wait to see the results from this trip of yours.Hope you have safe travels along the way.
Blessings,Ruth

Chris said...

Another exciting trip George how lucky you are. Looking forward to seeing the waterfalls.

Carletta said...

I bet those waterfalls will be gorgeous and I can hardly wait to see them. How wonderful you knew they were going to do that.
Prayers for a safe trip to Florida and back. Give Betsy a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you will be back. The pictures are great. I have a new camera on the way, can't hardly wait.
I get you will get some great pictures with the dam releasing the water. We have friends who live in
Georgia. He is retired from the CDC.
Dr. Dixie Snider and his wife Francis.
QMM

Jim said...

That's a beautiful shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

LV said...

We will be waiting on you and looking forward to more interesting sights on your return. I would hate to not see anymore of your lovely flowers. Take care.

Regina said...

What a wonder.

Hilda said...

I will be looking forward to your new photos of the waterfalls!

I am sorry to hear about Betsy's brother, but I hope she enjoys the time with her girlfriends. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

George: That looks like a neat valley to see.

Carrizo said...

Wow, this I like very much. I really should want to hike in this place!!!