Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Sunrise on Skyline Drive

(This picture can be enlarged by clicking on it.  Clicking a second time will make it full-sized.)

There are some advantages to getting up before dawn in order to get on the road early for a trip home.  That is exactly what Betsy and I did when we left Skyland on the Skyline Drive in Virginia for our trip home after celebrating Betsy’s birthday.

Getting up while it is still dark is not my favorite thing to do (I did enough of that before I retired!).  But getting up that early did provide some benefits, one of which was this view of a beautiful sunrise seen from Thorofare Mountain Overlook on Skyline Drive.

9 comments:

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I don't see many sunrises myself, for the same reason you mentioned. But this one's a beauty and, I'm sure, made the early rising worthwhile on this day.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I loved that special trip, Honey, and seeing the sunrise and sunset made it even more perfect.... Thanks for the wonderful Birthday Trip. That photo is FANTASTIC.

Love,
Wifey

Ginny Hartzler said...

Gorgeous, George! Worth the early hour for sure!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A scene like that is worth an early morning.

Terry and Linda said...

OH! That is stunning! The colors are much different than here so to me its very unique!

Linda said...

Very pretty! I just posted a sunset from Skyline Drive.

L. D. said...

The sky is wonderful but that deep green color is so good.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Your photo looks like a work of art. Framed it would really look awesome.
Inam late in commenting but want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. All the best to younand your family George.

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!